The Airport series of backpacks camera bags have an ultra efficient design that maximize space for your camera gear and still meet airline carry-on requirements. When you're getting on a plane you want to be sure that your bag will fly with you, that's why we design and test our bags for the traveling photographer. Their light, adjustable, contoured harness provides comfort along with lumbar support. The air mesh paneling keeps backs cool. The height-adjustable sternum strap allows for the perfect fit. A removable waist belt, side water bottle pocket, tripod/ monopod mounting system and seam sealed rain cover extend their versatility. The two smaller bags, the Airport Commuter and the Airport Essentials, are designed to fit under-seat in regional commuter planes. Airport Commuter backpack camera bag product details: http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-commuter.aspx Airport Accelerator backpack camera bag product details: http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-accelerator.aspx Airport Essentials Backpack camera bag product details: http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/airport-essentials.aspx Full range of airport series backpacks camera bags: http://www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/camera-backpacks/airport-backpacks.aspx Gear Profile: • Airport Accelerator accommodates two pro size DSLRs, six to eight standard zooms, a 500 f/4.0, iPad, and up to a 17" laptop. The largest of the three, this one has a padded removable waist belt. • Airport Commuter accommodates a pro size DSLR, four to six standard zooms, (increased depth holds a 400 f/2.8), iPad and 15" laptop. • Airport Essentials accommodates a standard DSLR, four to six standard zooms, iPad, and up to 13" laptop.
Airport Series...The Airport series of backpacks camera bags have an ultra effi...
Setting the Ai...How to set the combination locks on the Airport Series rolling...
Airport Commuter Camera Backpack Carry-On by Think Tank Photo
For photographers traveling by air, this camera backpack carry-on pays big dividends with being comfortable and high capacity. Its design, build, and functionality are second to none.
The Airport Commuter Camera Backpack Carry-On by Think Tank Photo is a professional carry-on backpack that fits in most airplane overhead compartments and accommodates a pro sized DSLR, 4–6 standard zooms, iPad, and 15″ laptop. With its increased depth, it holds a 400 f/2.8 attached to a camera body or a 500 f/4 unattached.
This camera backpack carry-on is specifically made for travel featuring a high capacity design with photographers traveling through the busy airport in mind.
- Integrated, quick access pockets for both laptop and an iPad
- Top pocket for easy access to boarding passes
- Three robust handles ensure easy placement and retrieval from overhead bins
Sized to meet international carry-on size requirements, the Airport Commuter Camera Backpack Carry-On by Think Tank Photo fits in most overhead bins. Always check with your airline for the most current guidelines.
The lightweight, adjustable, contoured harness provides comfort along with lumbar support and air mesh paneling to keep your back cool. The height adjustable sternum strap allows for the perfect fit for your body type. A removable waist belt, water bottle pocket on the side, tripod/monopod mounting system, and seam-sealed rain cover extend the versatility of this camera backpack. Adding even more functionality, these backpacks can be used with Think Tank Photo’s Pro Speed belts for additional support and capacity by adding components from their Modular Component line. Shop all Think Tank Photo bags and accessories.
- Airport Commuter Camera Backpack Carry-On
- Tripod straps
- Reinforced padded dividers
- Cable lock
- Seam-sealed rain cover
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
Airport Commuter Camera Backpack Carry-On Features
- International and domestic carry-on size compatible; check with your air carrier to confirm current size restrictions
- Cable lock and locking YKK® zipper sliders for added security
- Holds your 15″ laptop and iPad in a separate (lockable) zippered compartment
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system
- Bottom hinge opens bag completely for quick and easy access
- Light, contoured harness system that’s comfortable to wear and keeps your back cool
- Top zippered pocket for quick access to boarding pass
- Removable waist belt for additional stability when walking or running and allows a Pro Speed belt or Thin Skin Belt to be used which increases carrying capacity, stability, and functionality
- Adapts to Pro Speed Belts by Think Tank Photo for additional support
- Water bottle pocket
- Ultra-Stretch pockets on shoulder straps
- Robust handles on three sides
- Easily accessible organizer pocket in the front
- Includes a seam-sealed rain cover
- YKK® RC-Fuse zipper and highest quality materials throughout
- Holds pro sized DSLR, 4–6 standard zooms, iPad, and 15″ laptop
- Accommodates a 400 f/2.8 attached to a camera body or a 500 f/4 unattached
- Perfect for travel because it does not look like a traditional camera backpack
- Security cable and combination lock allows you to lock the laptop case or to immovable objects. This security cable is very effective when you have to leave your gear for a period of time in a media room, wedding hall, hotel room, or other open area.
- Height adjustable sternum strap and elastic pockets on shoulder strap for phone, keys, or business cards
- Compatible with Think Tank Photo Artificial Intelligence laptop cases
- Inside flap has see-through laminated mesh pockets for various accessories such as note pads, energy bars, memory card wallets, instruction books, and other items
- Gripped DSLR
- 400 mm f/2.8
- 15″ laptop
- 10″ tablet
- Additional camera lenses and gear
- External: 12.5″ W x 18″ H x 8.5″ D (31.6 cm x 45.7cm x 21.6 cm)
- Internal: 11.5″ W x 16.3″ H x 6.8″ D (29.2 cm x 42.4 cm x 17.3 cm)
- Laptop: 11″ W x 16″ H x 1.3″ D (27 cm x 40 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Weight: 3.5–4.2lbs (1.5–1.9kg) depending on which accessories you use
All exterior fabric is treated with DWR while the fabric’s underside is coated with PU for superior water resistance, YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon bottom panel, 600D polyester, 420D velocity nylon, 3D air mesh, ultra stretch pockets, Y-buckles, antique nickel plated metal hardware, big hole air mesh, honeycomb mono mesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
The inside features removable closed cell foam dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, PU backed velex liner, 2x PU coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, belly-o mesh pockets, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.