AP-554 Replacement Foot for Nikon
The AP-554 Replacement Foot is for Nikon: 500 f/4 AF-S versions I & II, & VR 200-400 f/4 AF-S VR, replacing the stock foot on these lenses. It is an alternative to the AP-553 plate and has the advantage of greater clearance between the body of the lens and the foot, making it easier to use the foot as a handle for your lens. In addition, it is longer, allowing you to balance your lens properly when using light-weight camera bodies.
This replacement foot will allow you to balance your lens with all pro and pro-sumer Nikon camera bodies, even when using teleconverters (see chart below for details). It is the only replacement foot on the market for these lenses that allows this comprehensiveness in balancing. Wimberley used finite element analysis to design the foot with the proper balance of weight savings and stiffness. Other manufacturers have removed material to make the product lighter; however, it was found that doing so reduces its rigidity below Wimberley's quality standards.
- Dimensions (Overall L x W x H): 5.5 x 1.7 x 1.7 in
- Weight: 6.1 oz (plate, mounting screws, & safety-stop screws)
- 5 year warranty
For a less expensive and more compact alternative, see the AP-553.
Lowers the overall height of the 500mm lens by 1" and the 200-400mm lenses by 0.1".
Nikon 500 AF-S (I, II, & VR)
- Compatible Bodies: Cameras + battery 25oz or heavier (including D300, D90, & D7000)
- Incompatible Bodies: Camera + battery lighter than 25oz (e.g. D5000 & D3000)
Nikon 200-400 AF-S VR
- Compatible Bodies: All Nikon SLRs
- Incompatible Bodies: None