Beyond the Grand Landscape: A Guide to Photographing Nature's Smaller Scenes
Among artistic disciplines, and even among other photography disciplines, landscape photographers are faced with an enormous challenge: the scenes we photograph are real and are not created with any input from the photographer. Instead, we have seek them out. There is no blank canvas to start, but rather a rich tapestry of existing materials that the photographer has to make sense of and showcase in a way that reflects their artistic vision.
Beyond the Grand Landscape is about removing restrictions and expanding the domain of the subject matter that you photograph—to move beyond grand landscapes photographed during the golden hour and to include smaller scenes and intimate details that are everywhere and available to photograph in all types of light throughout the day.
This eBook is 174 pages with over 250 photographs, to help photographers develop field practices and a mindset that helps to see and discover these scenes, as well as learn the techniques to capture them in the field.
- Twelve key creative concepts and field practices to help you discover and photograph a diverse array of small scenes.
- Exercises to facilitate your learning and application of the concepts in the eBook.
- Field techniques for creating natural abstracts, macro, flowers, and foliage photographs using a simple kit of equipment.
- Foundations of photographic composition and technical fundamentals.
- A discussion of the importance of light, weather, and atmospheric conditions in photographing small scenes and how you can these conditions to your advantage.
- A discussion of mood and its importance in establishing an emotional connection to viewers.
- Interviews with inspiration and photographs from four talented photographers, each with a deep portfolio of intimate landscapes and small scenes (Justin Reznick, Alex Mody, Robin Black, and Greg Russell).
- A showcase of twelve of our images, including a discussion on composition, light, mood, our thought process while in the field and post-processing choices for each.
- Photo processing fundamentals and essential techniques, including examples of three of our photos from start to finish.
- More than 250 images to demonstrate these concepts in a practical and immediately applicable manner.
Please see the Specifications below for information on downloading eBooks.
How to Download Photography eBooks
Downloading Photography eBooks to Your Computer
After placing your order with completed payment, the link to download your file(s) will be inside your Order Confirmation email. If you have not received this email, check your Spam folder to see if it’s there. Then, simply click the Download Files link to save your purchase to your computer or device. All links for downloadable products are active for 7 days.
Downloading Photography eBooks to an iPad or Other iOS Device
- Make sure you are running iOS 4.x. If not, hook your iPad to a Mac or PC with iTunes and update.
- If you don’t have iBooks, download the free Apple iBooks app from the Apple App Store.
- Download your purchased eBook from the link inside your Order Confirmation email.
- When the download is complete, tap the Open in iBooks button. If you do not see this button, a single tap on the screen will reveal it.
- After a minute or so iBooks will open and your book will be loaded in iBooks from that moment on.
- The next time you sync the device with your computer, your purchased eBook will automatically be backed up on your computer.
Friendly Reminder About Refund Policy
Due to the nature of photography eBooks and other downloadable goods, all purchases of eBooks and other online downloads are final sale and are not returnable.
Discover Other Nature Photography eBooks
We sell photography eBooks authored by dozens of nature photographers around the world. Whether you’re interested in photographing birds, landscapes, macro subjects, specific locations, night skies, or want creative inspiration, our photography eBooks library has what you’re looking for. Thank you for supporting a network of nature photographers around the world!
Customers also viewed