Desert Paradise: The Landscape Photographer's Guide To Death Valley National Park
The name Death Valley conjures up images of inhospitable desolation, but those images couldn’t be further from the truth. Death Valley is a place of sublime beauty. From salt flats, to sand dunes, to colorful badlands, to dramatic mountain peaks, Death Valley has a lot to offer the landscape photographer.
Death Valley National Park is also quite expansive as the largest national park in the continental United States. This size can be overwhelming to first-time visitors who don’t know where to start, and can also hide some of the lesser known gems that even repeat visitors miss.
Desert Paradise: The Landscape Photographer’s Guide to Death Valley National Park, is designed to be useful to everyone, from first-time visitors to seasoned Death Valley visitors, from beginning photographers to serious amateurs and professionals. This eBook is much more than just a location guide. It also features detailed sections on photography technique specifically applicable to Death Valley landscapes, and a large selection of portfolio-quality Death Valley images. Desert Paradise can help you save time and get to some of the park’s best spots.
- Detailed information on 17 locations, ranging from classic Death Valley icons to off-the-beaten path places. Each location includes several photos, directions and, when applicable, GPS coordinates.
- Photography advice and techniques for Death Valley’s many landscapes, including tips on photographing salt flats, playas, sand dunes, badlands, abstracts, macros, black and white, and wildflowers.
- Over 150 photos highlighting the diversity of Death Valley’s landscape. Technical information (including exposure settings) is included for every photo.
- Travel information, including lodging and transportation basics, seasonal variations, weather, and potential hazards to help you get started in planning your trip.
- An additional 10 minor locations in the park are featured, as well as several other nearby locations outside the park including Mono Lake, the Eastern Sierra, and Valley of Fire State Park.
- Recommended gear and gear considerations for landscape and nature photographers.
- Maps highlighting every major location in the book, plus suggested itineraries from one day to several weeks.
- PDF format e-book, including 134 full-size high resolution pages, ready for viewing on your tablet, computer monitor, or phone.
If you’re interested in this eBook, check out the savings bundle.
How to Download Photography eBooks
Downloading Photography eBooks to Your Computer
After placing your order with completed payment, the link to download your file(s) will be inside your Order Confirmation email. If you have not received this email, check your Spam folder to see if it’s there. Then, simply click the Download Files link to save your purchase to your computer or device. All links for downloadable products are active for 7 days.
Downloading Photography eBooks to an iPad or Other iOS Device
- Make sure you are running iOS 4.x. If not, hook your iPad to a Mac or PC with iTunes and update.
- If you don’t have iBooks, download the free Apple iBooks app from the Apple App Store.
- Download your purchased eBook from the link inside your Order Confirmation email.
- When the download is complete, tap the Open in iBooks button. If you do not see this button, a single tap on the screen will reveal it.
- After a minute or so iBooks will open and your book will be loaded in iBooks from that moment on.
- The next time you sync the device with your computer, your purchased eBook will automatically be backed up on your computer.
Friendly Reminder About Refund Policy
Due to the nature of photography eBooks and other downloadable goods, all purchases of eBooks and other online downloads are final sale and are not returnable.
Discover Other Nature Photography eBooks
We sell photography eBooks authored by dozens of nature photographers around the world. Whether you’re interested in photographing birds, landscapes, macro subjects, specific locations, night skies, or want creative inspiration, our photography eBooks library has what you’re looking for. Thank you for supporting a network of nature photographers around the world!
Customers also viewed