Digital Duster Refill Kit
The Digital Duster Refill Kit by Delkin Devices® is meant to serve as a supplement to your SensorScope SLR Image Sensor Cleaning System (sold separately).
Intended to be used after inspecting your sensor, the Digital Duster Refill Kit will keep you fully equipped to maintain your valuable DSLR. Whether dry particles have statically accumulated or moisture has chemically bonded onto your sensor’s surface, this kit offers the safest, most effective option for cleaning.
What’s Included in the Digital Duster Refill Kit by Delkin Devices®
- 15 - SensorSafe® Wands in the size of your choice.
- 1 - 0.25 ounce bottle of SensorSolution® for cleansing surfaces.
- 1 - SensorPen® polishing pen for detailed cleaning.
- 1 - Convenient carrying case for transport and easy storage when not in use.
- 1 - Informational cleaning guide.
What Size Wands Should You Get?
SensorSafe Wands are available in 3 size options of your choice.
- Small SensorSafe® Wands are 16 mm
- Medium SensorSafe® Wands are 20 mm
- Large SensorSafe® Wands are 24 mm
The NatureScapes Store is an authorized online retailer of Delkin Devices® camera cleaning supplies and photography accessories.
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
Learn More About the Digital Duster Refill Kit by Delkin Devices®
All experienced photographers will agree that the task of cleaning a fragile CCD or CMOS image sensor can be a worrisome, almost frightening, experience. In fact, Delkin believes that cleaning should only be done when necessary and should be executed in the quickest, most efficient manner to limit further exposure to contaminants. The accumulation of debris over time is inevitable however, particularly for those who change their lenses frequently or shoot in humid or dusty environments. No matter what the source, even a slightly dirty sensor will compromise the quality of your photos, especially in your most detailed closed aperture shots. Although most DSLRs are equipped with an automatic cleaning system, Delkin understands that this method is limited and will not suffice in eliminating moisture stains and fixed particles. For this reason, each of the following SensorScope Cleaning System tools by Delkin Devices was developed using advanced technology to accomplish this unique task.
SensorSafe® Wands clean oils, condensation, pollen, and other chemically adhered debris from the sensor surface with these custom sized, doubled sided wicked sensor wands. Each wand head is wrapped in soft, lint-free sterile fabric that has been specially designed for coated and non-coated small, medium and large frame CMOS and CCD sensors. Under the fabrics surface, each wand head is wicked to absorb excess fluid and prevent over saturation during cleaning.
SensorSolution® is a streak-free, low residue formula scientifically engineered to safely break down stains, oils, and chemically bonded debris on the surface of DSLR image sensors and low pass filters when used in conjunction with SensorSafe® Wands. The non-conductive alcohol-free nature of the solution makes it the safest formula for use with electronic devices and components and air travel friendly.
Polish the sensor surface and reach edges and crevices with the SensorPen®. A triangular sensor tip and specialized material developed by DSLR manufacturer technicians achieves professional cleaning results for over 100 uses, while the slide out soft body brush safely removes dust and debris from the DSLR camera body.
Preparing Your DSLR for Cleaning
- Make sure the battery is fully charged and power is on during the entire cleaning process.
- Sensor Cleaning feature will be located under the Menu option of your DSLR.
- Pressing the shutter button will usually trigger the mirror to lock in place, leaving the image sensor exposed until cleaning is complete.
- Remove the camera lens, and begin dry and wet cleaning methods with SensorScope System tools.
- When cleaning is complete, turning the power off will reset the mirror and shutter for immediate use.
- Remember to keep sensor cleaning to a minimum. Some tips to consider are turning the DSLR power off and facing the camera downward when changing lenses.
- Periodically use your SensorScope System to maintain the cleanliness of your device.