Gitzo Rapid Column GS3513S Systematic Carbon Tripods Series 3-4
The Gitzo Rapid Column GS3513S is a carbon fiber center column that’s made for use with Gitzo Series 3 and 4 Systematic tripods. Adding a Gitzo Rapid Column to your tripod is the perfect option for when you require additional height and height adjustment.
Why You’ll Love the Gitzo Rapid Column GS3513S
- Rapid functionality allows you to make quick vertical adjustments by twisting the collar and pushing the column up or down. After you’ve reached the height you’d like, use the disc-lock equipped collar to securely lock the column in place.
- Gitzo Rapid Column slides freely and quickly in the tripod shoulder and is locked and unlocked via a simple twist mechanism, offering the same strength and solid locking under heavy loads.
- Safety catch feature prevents the column from dropping out of the tripod even if it is inadvertently left unlocked (when used together with recent Systematic tripods with a safety button).
- Ballast hook mounted on the bottom can be used for adding additional weight to stabilize your set up if necessary.
- GS3513S replaces the GS3512S, featuring the latest components including solid upper disc and hook.
- Native height of 17.7″ (44.95 cm) which includes 13″ (33.02 cm) of travel distance from the maximum to minimum height.
- Weighs only 1.1 pounds (0.49 kg)
- Gitzo Systematic Carbon Tripods Series 3 and 4 (shop all Gitzo tripods). If you need compatibility for Series 5 tripods, see the GS5513S Gitzo Rapid Column.
How to Install
Simply remove your tripod’s base plate, insert the center column, and then lock the column in place.
- Limited 2 year warranty (extendable to 7 years with product registration)
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
Gitzo Rapid Column Dimensions and Weight
- Travel Distance: 13″ (33 cm)
- Height: 17.7″ (44.95 cm)
- Diameter: 4.33″ (10.99 cm)
- Weight: 1.1 lbs (0.49 kg)