Gitzo Rapid Column GS5513S for Systematic Carbon Tripods Series 5
The Gitzo Rapid Column GS5513S is a carbon fiber center column that is made to be used with Gitzo Series 5 Systematic tripods. Adding a Gitzo Rapid Column to your tripod is a great option for when you need additional height and height adjustment.
Why You’ll Love the Gitzo Rapid Column GS5513S
- Rapid functionality allows you to make quick vertical adjustments by twisting the collar and pushing the column up or down. After you’ve reached the height you’d like, use the disc-lock equipped collar to securely lock the column in place.
- Gitzo Rapid Column slides freely and quickly in the tripod shoulder and is locked and unlocked via a simple twist mechanism, offering the same strength and solid locking under heavy loads.
- Safety catch feature prevents the column from dropping out of the tripod even if it is inadvertently left unlocked (when used together with recent Systematic tripods with a safety button).
- Ballast hook mounted on the bottom can be used for adding additional weight to stabilize your set up if necessary.
- GS5513S replaces the GS5512S, featuring the latest components including solid upper disc and hook.
- Native height of 19.3″ (35.02 cm) which includes 13.8″ (35.02 cm) of travel distance from the maximum to minimum height.
- Weighs only 1.4 pounds (0.63 kg)
- Gitzo Systematic Carbon Tripods Series 5 (shop all Gitzo tripods). If you need compatibility for Series 3 and 4 tripods, see the GS3513S Gitzo Rapid Column.
How to Install
Simply remove your tripod’s base plate, insert the center column, and then lock the column in place.
- Limited 2 year warranty (extendable to 7 years with product registration)
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
- Travel Distance: 13.8″ (35.02 cm)
- Height: 19.3″ (49.02 cm)
- Diameter: 4.72″ (11.98 cm)
- Weight: 1.4 lbs (0.63 kg)