Manfrotto 438 Compact Leveling Base
The Manfrotto 438 Compact Leveling Base offers a great alternative to larger leveling bases for traveling or out hiking in the field. Unlike larger leveling bases, the Manfrotto 438 features a side clamp instead of a handle underneath, allowing you to get your tripod very low to the ground.
Why You’ll Love Manfrotto 438
- When using a leveling base as part of your configuration, you no longer have to struggle with trying to level your camera with frustrating, minute tripod leg adjustments. Simply set up the tripod and easily level your camera lens using the attached clamp and integrated bubble level.
- With the Manfrotto 438 leveling base, you can mount your Wimberley® Head, tripod ballhead, or other tripod head to the wide platform for solid support. For further stability, Manfrotto 438 also features 3 anti-twist set screws.
- Rated to support up to 33.1 lb (15 kg) load capacity.
- Only 2″ (5 cm) tall.
- Provides 10° of movement.
- Weighs only 1.4 lbs (650 g).
- 1 year warranty from manufacturer
- Series 3, 4, and 5 tripods
- Systematic tripods
- Wimberley® Head, ballheads, and other tripod heads.
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 2″ (5 cm)
- Weight: 1.4 lbs (650 g)
- Movement: 10°
- Box Weight: 1.15 lb (0.52 kg)
- Box Dimensions: 5.2″ length × 4.9″ width × 3.7″ height (132.08 mm × 224.46 mm × 93.98 mm)
Manfrotto has changed the model number of this base from 3502 to 438. All product specifications remain the same.