Pro Camera Backpack - Moose Peterson MP-3 v2.0
The Moose Peterson MP-3 v2.0 pro camera backpack by MindShift Gear was designed right alongside world-renowned wildlife photographer Moose Peterson. In the beginning, the MP bag series was designed for wildlife and safari photographers, but with an updated design MP v2.0 backpacks offer a beneficial carrying system to all photographers. With 3 interior compartments for gear, you can rest assured your valuable photo equipment will be transported securely and safely during your travels.
A unique feature of the MP v2.0 series is the interior compartment doors that close automatically, protecting your camera sensor and bag from dust and dirt. While working in the field, the new MP-3 pro camera backpack offers quick access to up to 3 camera bodies with lenses attached and ready for action when you are ready for them.
Why You’ll Love the MP-3 v2.0 Camera Backpack
- Maintains the original ‘Moose Ears’ design from 1998 with auto-close compartment flaps to protect the interior from dust, spray, wind, and other elements.
- 3 compartment system allows you to keep lenses attached providing the quickest way to access gear.
- Sized for airplane carry-on, allowing you to get the maximum amount of gear on an airplane. Be sure to double check with your airline prior to departure for current requirements.
- Long glass carrying solution with body attached.
- Tripod/monopod mounting system on side and front.
- Tuck-away harness system with removable waistbelt easily allows you to streamline your bag when loading it in a train, plane, or automobile (MP-1 and MP-3 models only).
- No laptop compartment.
What Fits Inside this Pro Camera Backpack
- 3 gripped DSLRs with lenses attached, 1–2 additional lenses, and 1–2 flashes and accessories.
- OR 3 gripped bodies and 1 ungripped body detached from lenses, 4–5 standard zoom lenses, 1–2 flashes, a 2x teleconverter and accessories.
- Maximum lens size: Holds 600mm ƒ/4 detached or 500mm ƒ/4 lens attached to a gripped body.
- Seam-sealed rain cover/drop cloth
Other Camera Backpacks in the Moose Peterson Series
- Safari Backpack for Camera Gear - Moose Peterson MP-7 v2.0
- Large DSLR Camera Backpack - Moose Peterson MP-1 v2.0
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
Additional Features of the MP-3 v2.0 Pro Camera Backpack
- Flap guard protects front zippers.
- Constructed with the highest quality RC Fuse YKK® zippers, 600D and 420D nylon construction for long-lasting durability and strength.
- Dual-density foam padded shoulder harness that is cushioned with air mesh for added comfort.
- Includes 2 removable zippered mesh pouches for storing accessories.
- Stretch water bottle pocket fits a 32 ounce water bottle.
- Internal zippered mesh pockets are located under each ear flap.
- Zippered top pocket (MP-1 and MP-3 models only).
- Padded handle on top.
- Webbing handle on bottom.
- Padded handle on right side (MP-1 & MP-3 only).
- Robust zipper pulls are easily gripped with or without gloves.
- Dividers are adjustable for different camera case configurations.
- ID/business card window slot on top for easy bag identification.
Dimensions and Weight
- Backpack Exterior: 14″ Width × 20″ Height × 8″ Diameter (35.5 x 50.8 x 20.3 cm)
- Large Camera Compartment: 6.8″ Width × 18″ Height × 6.8″ Diameter (17.3 x 46 x 17.3 cm)
- Small Camera Compartments (each): 6″ Width × 8.5″ Height x 6.8″ Diameter (15 x 21.5 x 17.3 cm)
- Weight: 3.2–4.6 lbs (1.5–2.1 kg); lower weight excludes all dividers and accessories.
For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellent coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The bag also features highest-quality abrasion-resistant YKK® RC-Fuse zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 600D polyester, 1680D ballistic nylon, 320G DuraStretch mesh, nylon webbing, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
High-density velex, 210D silver-toned nylon lining, hexa mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.