Storm Jacket Camera Cover for DSLR Rain Protection
Keep shooting in the rain with the Storm Jacket® Camera Cover for DSLR Rain Protection. The Storm Jacket® is a waterproof, compact, and convenient option for protecting your valuable camera setup during inclement weather such as rain and snow, or in other outdoor photography settings like water sports, sandy beaches, ocean water, or dusty atmospheres. Quickly and easily, the Storm Jacket® by Vortex Media can be pulled over your lens within seconds and back over the camera. Removal is just as simple!
- Constructed with AquaNylon material
- Weighs about 1oz
- Adjustable bungee closures are present at both ends for a custom fit
- Openings at both ends allow you access to your camera on one side and an unhindered view of your lens on the other
- Manufactured in the USA
- Available in Black and Camouflage
- Zippered storage case
What’s the Difference Between the Standard and Pro Storm Jacket® Camera Cover?
The Standard model of the Storm Jacket® Camera Cover is the most economical and easiest solution for keeping your SLR clean and dry. Standard is often the best choice if you rarely use a tripod, monopod, or focus your lens manually. Storm Jacket® Standard is generally the best option for non-professional photographers.
The Pro model of the Storm Jacket® Camera Cover is nearly the same as the standard with the exception that there is an added Velcro opening on the bottom to accommodate the attachment of a tripod or monopod. In addition, the Velcro opening can also be closed to make a very water-resistant seal. The opening on the bottom also makes it easier to get your hand inside the cover to focus the lens manually.
Throw a clear shower cap into your Storm Jacket® carrying pouch to cover the back of your camera while shooting in precipitation.
Please see the Specifications tab below for the Storm Jacket® size chart.
Storm Jacket® Camera Cover Size Chart
You can use any brand or model DSLR with the Storm Jacket® Camera Cover. All Storm Jackets® have the same internal diameter of 8″ for the front and rear openings. The most important thing to remember when choosing the best size for your equipment is the length measurement from the rear of your camera to the front of the lens when the zoom is fully-extended.
When measuring, it’s also a good idea to consider if you typically use teleconverters, extension tubes, or hoods. A Storm Jacket® size that is slightly longer or shorter should still be effective.
To determine the best size for your equipment, measure from the rear of your camera’s body to the front of the lens hood.
- SMALL: Recommended for camera/lens combos that are 8″ (20cm) or less
- MEDIUM: Recommended for camera/lens combos that are 14″ (35cm) or less
- LARGE: Recommended for camera/lens combos that are 20″ (50cm) or less
- X-LARGE: Recommended for camera/lens combos that are 24″ (60cm) or less
- XX-LARGE: Recommended for camera/lens combos that are 27″ (68cm) or less