The Photographer's Guide to Attracting Birds eBook by Alan Murphy
The Photographer’s Guide to Attracting Birds is a 51.5MB, downloadable eBook PDF by Alan Murphy. In this ebook, Alan covers techniques on how to attract many families and species of birds into camera range.
This eBook has over 50% (182 pages) more information than his first eBook entitled The Guide to Songbird Setup Photography.
Topics Covered in this eBook
Blinds and Camouflage
- Camouflage suits
- Covering your gear
- Throw-over Camouflage
- Portable blinds
- Homemade Blinds
Attracting Shorebirds Using Bait
- Perspective of shooting
- Equipment for getting low
- Technique for belly crawling
- What kind of bait
- Where to find bait
- Where to place it
Attracting Birds Using Insects
- Where to find insects
- Technique and placement of insects using meal worms
Attracting Raptors Using a Decoy
- Gear needed
- Where to find the gear
- How to build a decoy owl with feathers
- How to set up and mount the decoy owl
- Where to set up your decoy
- Distance of decoy to photographer
- How to perch raptors
Attracting Birds Onto Ground Perches
- How to build mounds
- How to dress them up
- How to set up stumps
- How to get birds on your stumps and mounds
Attracting Birds Off Barbed Wire
- Choosing a location
- Tools needed
- Set up and technique
Attracting Birds Using Road Kill
- What kind of road kill
- Different ways of using road kill
- What species to expect
- Using fish for eagles
Attracting Birds Using Audio
- Playback devices
- Apps for bird calls
- What kind of speakers work best
- Speaker placement
- What not to do
- Audio technique for grebes, loons and ducks, flycatchers, warblers and other small birds, roadrunners and quail, woodpeckers and nuthatches, grassland birds, shorebirds, and rails
Attracting Birds for Flight Photography I
- Choosing the right feeder
- Where and how to set up
- Camera settings
- Working with flocks of birds at your feeder
Attracting Birds for Flight Photography II
- How to suspend fruit, nuts and suet
- Equipment used and how to set up
- Camera settings
- Shooting technique
- Multi-flash technique for songbirds
- And more!
Other Photography eBooks by Alan Murphy
Please see the Specifications below for information on downloading eBooks.
How to Download Photography eBooks
Downloading Photography eBooks to Your Computer
After placing your order with completed payment, the link to download your file(s) will be inside your Order Confirmation email. If you have not received this email, check your Spam folder to see if it’s there. Then, simply click the Download Files link to save your purchase to your computer or device. All links for downloadable products are active for 7 days.
Downloading Photography eBooks to an iPad or Other iOS Device
- Make sure you are running iOS 4.x. If not, hook your iPad to a Mac or PC with iTunes and update.
- If you don’t have iBooks, download the free Apple iBooks app from the Apple App Store.
- Download your purchased eBook from the link inside your Order Confirmation email.
- When the download is complete, tap the Open in iBooks button. If you do not see this button, a single tap on the screen will reveal it.
- After a minute or so iBooks will open and your book will be loaded in iBooks from that moment on.
- The next time you sync the device with your computer, your purchased eBook will automatically be backed up on your computer.
Friendly Reminder About Refund Policy
Due to the nature of photography eBooks and other downloadable goods, all purchases of eBooks and other online downloads are final sale and are not returnable.
Discover Other Nature Photography eBooks
We sell photography eBooks authored by dozens of nature photographers around the world. Whether you’re interested in photographing birds, landscapes, macro subjects, specific locations, night skies, or want creative inspiration, our photography eBooks library has what you’re looking for. Thank you for supporting a network of nature photographers around the world!