Wimberley Plamp I Extension
The Wimberley Plamp Extension increases the reach of your original Wimberley Plamp (not Plamp II) by 12″ (30.48 cm).
The Wimberley Plamp is an arm that can easily be positioned and utilized to hold macro subjects like flowers and foliage. One end clamps to your tripod while the other grasps the object. Spend one day in the field with the Wimberley Plamp and you’ll see the creative opportunities are endless! It’s truly a must for any macro photographer.
- 12″ length (30.48 cm) × 0.5″ (1.27 cm) width × 0.5″ (1.27 cm) height
- Weighs only 1.3 ounces
- Consists of ¼″ Loc-line®.
- Wimberley Plamp I (not the new Wimberley Plamp II)
- Limited 5 year warranty from manufacturer.
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
How to Connect the Wimberley Plamp Extension to Wimberley Plamp I
- Break your Plamp in half. Grab the Plamp with two hands anywhere along its length. Bend it sharply until the Plamp pops apart (you will not break the Plamp).
- Attach the 12″ Extension between the segments that you just popped apart. It may take a considerable amount to force to pop the segments back together. It helps to place your fists between your knees, holding the female (cupped) end as close to the Loc-Line® joint (male end) as possible. Squeeze your knees together forcefully as you force the joints together with your hands. If you have trouble doing this, see the section below.
How to Heat the Socket to Facilitate Assembly
Heat some water to boiling or near boiling temperature. Warm the female end of the segment for 30-60 seconds in the hot water. Connect the segments by pushing them together. Use the knee squeezing technique mentioned above if needed. The segments should pop into place fairly easily.