Central Florida Canoe Creek Road Area Site Guide by Jim Neiger
This Site Guide, a downloadable PDF file (2.1 MB), was written by Jim Neiger of Kissimmee, FL. Jim has spent the last three years photographing birds along Canoe Creek Road south of his home. He is out in the field most every day. Nobody knows this bird-rich area better than Jim. This Site Guide includes detailed maps, species lists, and three great tech tips:
- Hand-holding the 500mm lens,
- Using Manual mode,
- and attracting hard-to-photograph songbirds, hawks, and owls with tapes or CDs of their calls.
- Canoe Creek Road
- Lake Cypress Road
- Lake Cypress Boat Ramp
- the famed Caracara Tree
- Joe Overstreet Road
- Lake Kissimmee
- Overstreet Pond
- Overstreet Boat Ramp Area
- Overstreet Airboat Launch Area
- Three Lakes Wildlife Management Area including the Parker Slough Area, the Lake Jackson Canal and Observation Tower, the Interpretive Trail and Wildlife Viewing Blind, and the Lake Marion Boat Ramp Area.
Specialty Bird Species Covered
- Barred and Great Horned Owls
- Snail Kite
- Crested Caracara
- Bald Eagle
- Red-shouldered Hawk
- Red-cockaded Woodpecker
- Sandhill Crane
- Whooping Crane
- Pileated Woodpecker
- Eastern Meadowlark
- Bachman’s Sparrow
- Eastern Bluebird
- Pine Warbler
- and others!
This guide is ideal when visiting the Orlando area with a day or two to kill, or if you’re interested in photographing some of the hard-to-photograph species that are not to be found at the traditional photographic hotspots.
Please see the Specifications below for information on downloading eBooks.
How to Download Photography eBooks
Downloading Photography eBooks to Your Computer
After placing your order with completed payment, the link to download your file(s) will be inside your Order Confirmation email. If you have not received this email, check your Spam folder to see if it’s there. Then, simply click the Download Files link to save your purchase to your computer or device. All links for downloadable products are active for 7 days.
Downloading Photography eBooks to an iPad or Other iOS Device
- Make sure you are running iOS 4.x. If not, hook your iPad to a Mac or PC with iTunes and update.
- If you don’t have iBooks, download the free Apple iBooks app from the Apple App Store.
- Download your purchased eBook from the link inside your Order Confirmation email.
- When the download is complete, tap the Open in iBooks button. If you do not see this button, a single tap on the screen will reveal it.
- After a minute or so iBooks will open and your book will be loaded in iBooks from that moment on.
- The next time you sync the device with your computer, your purchased eBook will automatically be backed up on your computer.
Friendly Reminder About Refund Policy
Due to the nature of photography eBooks and other downloadable goods, all purchases of eBooks and other online downloads are final sale and are not returnable.
Discover Other Nature Photography eBooks
We sell photography eBooks authored by dozens of nature photographers around the world. Whether you’re interested in photographing birds, landscapes, macro subjects, specific locations, night skies, or want creative inspiration, our photography eBooks library has what you’re looking for. Thank you for supporting a network of nature photographers around the world!