Jobu Design discusses the various ways to install and effectively use a wide angle lens, or any non collared lens, into a Jobu Design gimbal head.
Jobu Design - ...Jobu Design discusses the various ways to install and effectiv...
Heavy Duty Gimbal Head for Tripods - MK IV by Jobu Design
MK IV by Jobu Design is a heavy duty gimbal head for tripods offering smooth adjustment and precise control all in a stunningly lightweight design.
When compared to its previous generations, the MK IV is perfect for using with cameras and telephoto lens combinations up to 25 pounds. The MK IV heavy duty gimbal head includes a plate 3″ in length to use with telephoto lenses or camera bodies.
Why You’ll Love MK IV Heavy Duty Gimbal Head
Constructed with the Best Materials for the Most Heavy Duty Gimbal
- Stiffer construction; the CNC swing-arm is upgraded from previous generations with a solid billet aluminum horizontal arm offering improved vibration control for large lenses.
- Rubberized knobs are comfortable and easy on the hands, holding well under cold and wet outdoor conditions.
- Powdercoat finish on main body and black anodizing on all aluminum parts makes for long term durability.
- The included 3″ Arca-Swiss style plate is perfect for smaller lenses or camera bodies, and is great to use when practicing right away a gimbal head. Using a custom-fit plate is still recommended, but this plate is a helpful accessory.
Smooth and Seamless Lightweight Design
- Lightweight design only weighs 2 lbs, 2 oz (1,010 grams); weighs half a pound less than its previous model!
- Smooth tilt action; integrates a needle bearing system similar to the Junior 3 Deluxe Swing Arm by Jobu Design offering unparalleled smoothness in tilt axis. Even with a large load camera and lens set up, there is virtually zero friction!
- Friction levels can be easily adjusted to find the best spot for motion control using the main tilt knob.
- Works with lenses and cameras that weigh up to 15 lbs; 600mm ƒ4 + pro body is no problem!
- Stiff tripod for using with up to a 25 lb load; 3/8″-16 mounting stud required.
- Compatible Arca-Swiss style plate for your lens.
- Lens with a rotating tripod collar; short lenses or wide angle lenses require a wide angle adapter.
- Surefoot SF-NXK kit quick-release lens plate
- Allen keys and ¼″-3/8″ adapter bushing
- Camouflage dust bag for convenient storage and protection
- Limited 5 year warranty from Jobu Design
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
- Head Type: Gimbal head
- Base Mount: ⅜″-16 thread
- Quick Release Plate Type: Arca-Type
- Load Capacity: 25 lb (11.3 kg)
- Friction Control: Yes
- Independent Pan Lock: Yes
Heavy Duty Gimbal Head Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions: 9.4″ height × 8.7″ width × 1.4″ length (24 cm height × 22 cm width × 3.5 cm length)
- Weight: 2.2 lb (1 kg)
Packaging Dimensions and Weight
- Package Weight: 3.3 lb (1.49 kg)
- Dimensions: 11.7″ length × 10.4″ width × 4.4″ height (29.71 cm × 26.41 cm × 11.17 cm)
Customers also viewed