This video illustrates the differences between the popular Jobu Design gimbal heads: The Jobu Jr.3 Kit (BWG-J3K) and the Jobu Jr.3 Deluxe (BWG-J3D). Also, we illustrate how to convert the gimbal into a side-mount kit, to save even more weight and space.
Jobu Jr3 vs Jo...This video illustrates the differences between the popular Job...
Junior 3 Lightweight Gimbal Head for Bird and Wildlife Photography
If you’re looking for a very small gimbal head you will be thrilled with the Junior 3 Gimbal Head by Jobu Design. It’s is the perfect companion for the traveling photographer, easily fitting into small pockets of your existing photography equipment bags.
The Junior 3 Gimbal Head (BWG-J3K) is smaller, lighter, smoother, and more compact than Jobu Design’s earlier model, the Junior 2 (BWG-J2K).
- Needle roller bearings allow smoother tilting under heavy loads and better adjustment of friction.
- Smooth panning and tilting for better motion control and damping of lenses.
- Lockout force improved by 200%.
- Overall durability improved in all aspects with 9″ x 8″ profile.
- Load capacity is up to 12 pounds (5.40 kg).
- 70–200 ƒ2.8/ƒ4, 300mm ƒ2.8/ƒ4, 100–400 zoom, 150–400 zoom, 400mm ƒ5.6, 400mm DO, etc.
- Lens and camera weights under 10 pounds total
*Vertical movement is limited for heavier pro DSLR cameras and shorter lenses that balance close to the camera body (such as a 70–200 zoom with a pro body).
- Removable swing-arm (HM-J2)
- Arca-Swiss compatible quick release
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions: 9″ x 8″ (22.9 x 20.3 cm)
- Load Capacity: 12 pounds (5.4 kg)
- Maximum capacity is up to 15 pounds (6.80 kg) when used occassionally
- Tripod Mount: 3/8″-16
- Weight: 1.7 pounds (771 g)
- One piece hollow, cast, heat-treated body
- Extreme stiffness for a small gimbal head
Compared to the Jr. 2 Gimbal Head
- Overall 1″ reduced height from the Jr. 2 gimbal head
- 30 grams lighter than the Jr. 2 gimbal head
- Rubberized knobs for cold and wet weather usage
- Standard ⅜″ tripod mount