Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods - GSP35
The Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods GSP35 was designed by Greg Downing of NatureScapes.net as the ultimate security solution for Gitzo tripods.
The combination of a telephoto lens, teleconverter, camera, flash, and tripod head is very heavy. When you carry a tripod over your shoulder, this weight puts additional stress on the tripod plate. After numerous discussions and requests by nature photographers, Greg developed a product that provides additional support to the Gitzo top plate while offering peace of mind in the field.
Why You’ll Love the GSP35 Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods
- Fits perfectly, positioned snugly below the existing Gitzo plate inside the basin.
- Offers ultimate security! Once installed, the Gitzo plate cannot move or become loose, therefore preventing the head and photo equipment from falling.
- Doesn’t add additional stress on the tripod plate when carrying over your shoulder.
Constructed From High Quality Materials
GSP35 Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods is custom designed, machined, and manufactured specially for NatureScapes using aerospace industry 6061 anodized aluminum, along with two stainless steel bolts (which bolt you will use depends on your tripod model). The plate is anodized (not unfinished as shown in the photo).
- Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods GSP35 works with any Series 3 Gitzo tripod made before 2008 that employs Gitzo’s SafeLock plate including GT3530S, GT3530LS, GT3541LS, GT3541XLS, etc.
- Can also be used with Gitzo’s older tripod models that begin with 13xx such as the GT-1325, GT1348, etc.
- Not compatible with—and not needed for—2012 Gitzo tripod models like 3532LS, etc.
How to Install the Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods
Installing the NatureScapes Safety Plate is easy! Download the detailed Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods instructions (PDF) for step by step installation.
GSP55 Safety Plate Model
The Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods is available in another size (GSP55) to fit the 2008 Gitzo 55 Series Carbon Fiber Tripods as well as some older tripods. Check out the GSP55 Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods.
- 2 screws for installation; both are ⅜″ in diameter. The smaller screw is 1″ long and the longer screw is 1¾″ long.
Since its debut, the NatureScapes Safety Plate for Gitzo Tripods has been in use by nature photographers everywhere. Read an up-close NatureScapes Safety Plate review.