Shimoda Action X50 Backpack
Shimoda Action X50 Backpack
Action X50 Backpack from Shimoda Designs is a versatile, multiuse bag that can accommodate the combined interests of the adventure photographer, multimedia creator, hiker, or mountain sports enthusiast.
If the Action X50 Backpack is placed on the ground or a flat surface, complete access to a Medium DSLR Core Unit Version 2 or Large DSLR Core Unit Version 2 is provided by a swing-out zippered panel that faces the wearer's back. (Core Units sold separately.) Along the inside of the rear-facing zippered panel is the Action X50 Backpack's 15" laptop sleeve. The backpack's front panel unzips to provide reveal additional organizational pockets as well as space to store packable clothing and can accommodate a hydration pack while featuring an opening for the hydration pack's sip tube along the right of the wearer.
The Action X50 Backpack can be lifted via its built-in haul and side handles, and carried by its adjustable, padded shoulder straps which can be adjusted upward or downward for a better fit. A zipper along the outer edge of the strap which rests over the wearer's left shoulder opens a smartphone pocket, while the outer edge of the strap which rests over the wearer's right shoulder includes a stretchable side pocket that can accommodate a sunscreen tube, insect spray, snacks, or a water bottle. For heavy loads, this backpack's removable waist belt transfers weight to the hips for additional comfort, while the sternum strap further limits unintentional shifting around the wearer.
Featuring a durable, nylon construction, the Action X50 Backpack is built to be weather resistant. To further protect its contents should the bag be placed on a wet surface, the bottom panel is waterproof.
Features and Highlights:
- MULTIPLE ACCESS POINTS - The Shimoda Action X50 backpack offers rear and side access options. The side opening is ideal for quick, under-the-arm access without completely removing the pack. It’s accessed through a YKK SplashGuard® zipper which protects water and other tiny elements like sand from entering your pack. The rear opening allows wide, unobstructed access to the bulk of your gear for less time-sensitive shooting situations. It has an EVA-padded door-style opening which acts as added protection against airborne elements in difficult shooting environments and can help keep snow and rain out the gear area. The interior side of the door has a 15-inch laptop sleeve. It sits against the users back and provides fast access at airports and in other efficiency driven scenarios.
- HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE HARNESS - The Action X50 backpack features an adjustable torso height offering four size options with approximately 10 cm (4 in.) of vertical adjustment. This means the same backpack can fit short or tall - male or female torso heights - ensuring a custom fit for every photographer. Having the correct torso fit means that the aluminum internal frame is much more effective in transferring shoulder stress and weight to rest comfortably on the user’s hips.
- CORE UNIT MODULAR CAMERA INSERT SYSTEM - Perhaps the most forward-thinking modular camera inserts on the market, Shimoda’s Core Units are simple, smart and multifunctional. A user can increase their layout options with two or more Core Units by stacking and shifting how they are placed in the pack. This system allows configurations to be adjusted to suit changing terrain and environmental conditions. Core Units sold separately.
- EXPANDABLE ROLL-TOP - We gave the Action X series a EXPANDABLE ROLL-TOP - so the bag can be adjusted to your gear needs while maintaining a tight and compact fit. The roll top can expand with a volume range of 7-liters. The top section also has an additional quick-access YKK SplashGuard® zipper that makes getting at your gear extremely quick and easy - especially in foul weather.
- SPORT-FRIENDLY DESIGN - Our Action X series is designed to perform seamlessly for adventure athletes, photographers and filmmakers who like to be embedded in the action and environment. We have added action sport specific features like a removable helmet holder, ski fastening straps and a bike pump sleeve. We’ve even used extra durable materials to help protect the pack from the kind of abrasion that mountain gear causes when attached to the outside.
More Options In The Action Collection:
- Action X30 Backpack
- Action X30 Starter Kit
- Action X50 Starter Kit
- Action X70 Backpack
- Action X70 Starter Kit
See Specifications tab below for additional details.
- 11.8W x 22H x 8.3D in (30x56x21cm)
11.6W x 21.9H x 8.1D in.
- 4.18 lbs
- Fits a laptop up to 15 inches.
Customers also viewed