Have you been wondering what's included in the MagMod Basic Kit?JJ's soothing voice will tell you and his manly hands will show you. Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1Gj05H0 MagMod Website: http://bit.ly/1HILO17 MagMod Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1GWkIY9 MagMod Twitter: http://bit.ly/1GWkLDi Edited by: @jjkingofbeepers
What's include...Have you been wondering what's included in the MagMod Basic Ki...
MagMod Basic Kit
MagMod Basic Kit by MagnetMod contains several core accessories to be used with MagMod’s flash modifier system. Controlling light doesn’t get any easier than this! Featuring MagGrip—which stretches over your flash head and enables the use of other MagMod modifiers—such as the included MagGrid and MagGel Slot—which comes with 8 different gels.
MagMod makes your photography easier by simplifying what it takes to create amazing photographs. Put the days behind you of using velcro, non-universal solutions, or strong-arming a modifier onto your flash unit. With MagMod modifiers, simply throw it on your flash and watch it snap into place each and every time!
Why You’ll Love the MagMod Basic Kit
- Simple solution is essential when you’re shooting in a fast-paced situation where you need to control your light as quick as possible.
- All MagMod modifiers are stripped down to their most essential and functional form.
- No moving components to lose and no need for special set-ups.
- Each modifier is embedded with two extremely strong neodymium “rare-earth” magnets for instant and secure attachment to your flash without a sound!
- Get creative with your on-camera flash using the MagMod Basic Kit.
What is MagGrip?
MagGrip is manufactured from an elastic silicone rubber and stretches over the head of most on-camera flash units. Its silicone rubber offers a secure grip on your flash head. Flash head should be about 2.5″ wide for modifiers to be attached to the flash head properly. For a list of compatible flashes, please see the Specifications tab below.
What is MagGrid?
Using MagGrid you can control light spill and also narrow the beam angle of your flash to 40° as part of the flash modifier system. The grid focuses light and attaches to the MagGrip utilizing 2 neodymium rare-earth magnets. MagGrid can also be stacked with other accessories as well as other MagGrids to further narrow beam angle.
What is the Standard Gel Set?
MagMod’s Standard Gel Set allows you to easily add some color or correct your lighting when in use with the modifier system. The set includes full, 1/2, and 1/4 CTO, 1/2 blue, 1/2 straw, 1/2 plusgreen, an 8X (3 stop) ND, and opal frost diffusion gels made from a rigid polycarbonate for durability and easier handling. Gels easily slide into MagMod’s gel slot for quick attachment and removal.
What’s Included in the MagMod Basic Kit
- Full CTO Gel
- 1/2 CTO Gel
- 1/4 CTO Gel
- 1/2 Blue Gel
- 1/2 Straw Gel
- 1/2 Plusgreen Gel
- 8X ND Gel
- Opal Frost Diffusion Gel
- Transmitter band
- Carrying pouch
- Limited 1 year warranty
Other Flash Modification Kits by MagMod
- MagMod MagBeam Kit (sold separately)
- MagMod MagBeam Wildlife Kit (sold separately)
- MagMod Starter Flash Kit (sold separately)
- MagMod Professional Flash Kit (sold separately)
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
- Canon: 380EX, 420EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 540EZ, 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, 600EX-RT
- Nikon: SB-24, SB-25, SB-26, SB-28(DX) SB-50DX, SB-80DX, SB-600, SB-700, SB-800, SB-900, SB-910
- Sony: HVL-F60M, HVL-F58AM, HVL-F56AM
- Olympus: FL-50R, FL-600R
- Yongnuo: YN560, YN560-II, YN560-III, YN568EX-II, YN565EX
- Neewer: TT560, NW680/TT680
- Bolt: VX-710, VX-760, VS-510, VS-560
- Bower: SFD680C, SFD728, SFD885, SFD926, SFD970
- Pentax: AF540FGZ, AF540FGZ II, AF360FGZ
- Sigma: EF-610
- Metz: 44 AF-1, 52 AF-1, 52 AF-2, 58 AF-1, 58 AF-2
- Vivitar: DF-286, DF-293, DF-383, DF-483, DF-583, 385HV
- Phottix: Mitros, Mitros+
- Other similarly sized flash units
Specifications for MagMod Components
- Material: Silicone rubber
- Attachment Method: Elastic band stretches over flash heads about 2.5″ (6.4 cm) wide
- Mount: 2 neodymium rare-earth magnets for mounting accessories
- Dimensions: 3.5″ Height × 2.1″ Width × 1.7″ Length (8.9 cm Height × 5.4 cm Width × 4.3 cm Length)
- Weight: 4 oz (113 g)
- Modifier Type: Grid
- Attachment Method: Magnetic
- Dimensions: 5.0″ Height × 3.2″ Width × 0.6″ Length (12.7 cm Height × 8.3 cm Width × 1.6 cm Length)
- Weight: 4.0 oz (113 g)