Sensor Clean has many characteristics that make it an excellent choice for cleaning your sensor. While it is best used on water based stains and light dust contamination, it also provides excellent dust repellent properties and anti-fogging capabilities. Sensor Clean™ works best with VisibleDust MXD-100 Green Series Swabs. Smear Away strong anti fog capability, very strong anti static capability, removes smear on first swipe, anti scratch components prevents contaminants from scratching the sensor while cleaning, very strong oil and lubricant remover, removes the toughest stain, non flammable, non alcoholic, pollen remover, best used with Ultra MXD-100 green Vswab. Green MXD-100 Vswab swab patented V shape results best maneuverability inside chamber, V shape results in homogeneous motion, it cleans corner the best due to its V shape, compatible with all three solutions, multi fabric ensures best results for oil and smear removal, its soft texture is safe on coated sensor, best used for fluorine coated sensor, streak free motion.
How to clean S...Sensor Clean has many characteristics that make it an excellen...
Smear Away - Camera Sensor Cleaning Liquid
Meet Smear Away™, a superior camera sensor cleaning liquid by VisibleDust that removes tough stains on the sensor of DSLR and mirrorless cameras.
In a unique formulation to protect your sensor, all while cleansing away oil and lubricant, Smear Away™ provides an anti-static barrier that reduces further contamination of the sensor.
Why You’ll Love Smear Away™ Camera Sensor Cleaning Liquid
- All VisibleDust cleaning solutions are safe on ITO and non-ITO coated camera sensors.
- Removes difficult stains from oils and lubricants.
- Provides an anti-static barrier.
- Non-flammable liquid.
- Does not contain alcohol.
- Bottle contains 8 ml (0.27 fluid ounces) of solution.
- Made in Canada.
- Smear Away™ Camera Sensor Cleaning Liquid by VisibleDust is to be used in conjunction with MXD-100 Green Vswab™ ONLY.
The NatureScapes Store is an authorized online retailer of VisibleDust camera sensor cleaning systems.
Please see the Specifications tab below for additional information.
About VisibleDust Liquid Cleansers
Liquid cleaning solutions by VisibleDust including Sensor Brush Clean™, VDust Plus™, and Smear Away™ are safe to use on ALL DSLR and mirrorless cameras when used with appropriate VisibleDust Sensor Cleaning Vswab™s. This includes newer Canon DSLRs, such as the 400D, 40D, 1D MKIII, and 1Ds MKIII, newer Nikon D300 and D3 and Alpha Sony 700.
How to Use Smear Away™ - Camera Sensor Cleaning Liquid
Before getting started, refer to your camera’s manual on how to properly expose the sensor.
- Brush the surface of the sensor with an Arctic Butterfly® Sensor Brush® like the Arctic Butterfly® 724. You can also use a Zee Pro™ or Zeeion® anti-static bulb blower to remove dry contaminants.
- Add 2–4 drops of Smear Away™ on the fabric of an MXD-100 Green Vswab™.
- Wait to allow the swab to evenly saturate. It may take a few seconds to 30 seconds depending on environmental conditions. Don’t allow the swab to dry out.
- Using Vswab™, wipe across the sensor with gentle pressure once, in a single smooth motion. If it is necessary, turn Vswab™ over on the other side and repeat. Ensure you wipe in the same direction both times.
- Discard the swab after a single use.
- Allow the sensor to dry out completely. If needed, use the Arctic Butterfly® Sensor Brush® like the Arctic Butterfly® 724 for complete cleaning.
- Proceed with checking the image.
- Repeat the cleaning process if necessary.